en - Re: [sympa-users] Multiple mail copies

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Muhammed Sameer <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Multiple mail copies
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 10:02:38 +0200

Hi,

Well each list live its life independentluy from the other, so you have no way to prevent distribution in a list to a user on the basis of her subscription to another list.
However, if you have frequent sending to a group of lists, ou could consider creating a new list in which you would import the other lists.
Posting to this "fusion" list would make users receive one message even if they are subscribed to five imported lists.

Regards,

David

Muhammed Sameer a écrit :
Hey,

We run over 200+ mailing lists in our organization and things are working fine with sympa!
An annoying problem that our users are facing is that when one mail is sent
to 5 lists and if there is a user who is subscribed on all the 5 mailing
lists, then he ends up getting 5 copies of the same mail

Is there a way how I can avoid this.

Regards,
Muhammed Sameer

--