en - [sympa-users] Storing LDAP account information in a single

  • From: Peter DiCamillo <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Storing LDAP account information in a single
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 17:11:06 -0400

I need to define a family of lists, which are for different courses we have at our university. These lists will get their subscribers from LDAP, and I'm using an include_ldap_query paragraph for that. But that means that the LDAP host name, account, and password for these queries will be stored separately in each list definition file after the template is expanded. We normally configure applications so we would only have to change one file if we needed to change the LDAP host or account info. But for the list family, it appears that I'd need to change all the list definition files to make a change like that. Is there some solution to this, so that the common LDAP information for getting subscribers could be in a single file? I see how this can be done using "source" for the list owners, but can't find a solution for subscribers.

Peter

  • [sympa-users] Storing LDAP account information in a single, Peter DiCamillo, 07/07/2009