en - [sympa-users] Creating a virtual domain

  • From: Chris Pax <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Creating a virtual domain
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 23:33:04 +0200

The documentation here:
https://www.sympa.org/manual/virtual-hosts

Is very limited. I Fallowed the step described there, yet still I cannot make
lists under a different robot. I also found one entry in the archive which
also
did not help.

My setup is this:
I have named my robot lists.domain.edu, but now want some list that are just
domain.edu. My goal is to have domain.edu as another robot.

under /home/sympa/expl all the lists for lists.domain.edu exists. According to
the directions I created a directory under expl called domain.edu, and copyed
the sample robot.conf file to expl/domain.edu/, and edited with only the
fallowing:
http_host domain.edu
listmaster address@concealed
title Your MailingLists Service
create_list listmaster
default_home lists

my httpd.conf sympa settings:
LoadModule fastcgi_module modules/mod_fastcgi.so
FastCgiIpcDir /tmp/fcgi_ipc
FastCgiServer /home/sympa/bin/wwsympa.fcgi -processes 3 -idle-timeout 120
<Location /sympa>
SetHandler fastcgi-script
</Location>
Alias /static-sympa /home/sympa/static_content
<VirtualHost *IP address of lists.domain.edu*>
ServerAdmin address@concealed
DocumentRoot /home/sympa/expl/domain.edu
ServerName njit.edu
<Location /sympa>
SetHandler fastcgi-script
</Location>
ScriptAlias /sympa /home/sympa/bin/wwsympa.fcgi
Alias /static-sympa /home/sympa/your.virtual.domain/static_content
</VirtualHost>

and finally, assume I made the proper changes to /etc/aliases.

questions:
do you suggest any changes to the configuration above?
should I move list folders for the robot "lists.domain.edu" under expl to
expl/lists.domain.edu?
why is there a DocumentRoot defined under VirtualHost for, and what should it
be?