en - [sympa-users] DB down messages

  • From: "Lee J. DeAngelis" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] DB down messages
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 16:18:52 -0400

Hi folks,

I'm new to the list and to sympa. I'm looking for a way to turn off the database connections while our DB is being backup. Some of our users(listmasters) are complaining to get too many "annoying messages" that the DB is down. They want us to turn off the database connections so they don't get the messages. Any way to easily do this?

Here is the message they get:

Sympa could not include subscribers from external data sources ; the
database or LDAP directory might be unreachable.
Check Sympa log files for more precise information

Thanks!
--
Lee J.DeAngelis
Systems Administrator

  • [sympa-users] DB down messages, Lee J. DeAngelis, 05/11/2009