en - [sympa-users] Configuration questions

  • From: Dallas Wisehaupt <address@concealed>
  • To: sympa-users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Configuration questions
  • Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 10:06:27 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

I have a few questions about possible configuration settings. I'm not
sure if these are configurable, or if other work is needed to make them
a reality.

1. Option to contact sender in addition to moderator when a message is
approved for distribution.

I have found where the message confirmation text is, and the point at
which it is sent. I haven't seen if there is a setting that could be
applied to a list (or all lists) that would contact the original sender
of the message to let them know their message has been delivered.

2. Option to disable warnings of include synchronization during times of
maintenance.

We have scheduled maintenance windows for some of our DB and LDAP
servers that are used for list includes. If these downtimes fall across
a sync window, we get many many spurious error reports. Is it possible
to set something that will disable these warnings temporarily? We could
look into managing the task_manager process if such a setting is not
available.

Thanks for any help.

Dallas
--
Dallas Wisehaupt Senior Systems Administrator
address@concealed The University of Scranton