en - [sympa-users] programmatcly adminster lists

  • From: Chris Pax <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] programmatcly adminster lists
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 17:03:08 +0200

I have been able to get the SOAP to work, but its functionality is limited.

With SOAP I can create list, and add users. But what I also want to do
is set-up LDAP inclusion and who is owner, editor and moderator.

My plan is to create a config template which I can use to overwrite the config
for a newly created list (a list created via SOAP), in which I change certain
variables like LDAP query's and list owner.

my questions are,
after I have edited the config file, is there anything else I need to do so
that sympa recognizes it?
is there a better way to edit the config file of a list?

This is the state I would like to get to, I want to make a function that looks
like this:

create_list( list_name, list_description, LDAP inclusion query, owners,
editors, moderators);

where LDAP inclusion query, owners, editors, moderators, are all ldap search
query's.

the function call would look like this:

create_list("list_name", "list description", "(type=Student)", "(type=admin)",
"(type=editors)","(type=moderators)");

and subsidiary functions like this:
set_owner("list_name", "(type=admin)");

if any of you have good suggestions to do all of this, any suggestion are
welcomed.