en - Re: [sympa-users] Repeated Re

  • From: Patrick von der Hagen <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Repeated Re
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 13:52:17 +0200

jpff schrieb:
> I am getting a lot of flac from my list members, especially a blind
> user, about the way in which sympa adds re: to subjects even if it is
> already present. This give rise to monstrosities like
> Subject: Re: [Csnd] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: [LAU] building csound from source -
> OOps/remote.c:70: error: storage size of 'ifr' isn't known
> and worse.
> I think this is version 5.3.2 (I am a list owner not sysadmin)
Aks your sysadmin to do an update.

> Also, as a list owner the continual slew of messages saying that the
> bounce rate is over 1% is adding considerable burden to me. Can that
> number be changed? When we used ezmlm I never had any troubles with
> dealing with bounces, while sympa is very invasive
No, it is not. Just go to Admin -> Edit List Config -> Bounces and
change "warn rate" and "halt rate". The default values are much higher
than just 1%, I suppose your listmaster changed them. As a listowner you
can only change those values if that privilege is granted to you by the
listmaster, so contact your listmaster if you can't find the options I
mentioned.

--
CU,
Patrick.