en - Re: [sympa-users] Customization: Sender Data in templates and Commands

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Christian Bendlin <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Customization: Sender Data in templates and Commands
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 09:29:01 +0200

Hi Christian,

Christian Bendlin a écrit :
Hello Sympa Community,

We are in the process of roling out sympa, and we are quite impressed of the possiblities.

After reading quite a while through the documentation, 2 questions appeared.
I havent figured out how one can search though the whole message archive of the list, so maybe you can help with an answer.

This is the default behaviour starting version 5.4, if I am not mistaken. Otherwise, you can go to "advanced search" and select all the dates in the menu.
In the outgoing Emails, we want to include Data from the sender of the original Email
(Like e.g. Name, but also custom database fields).

Sympa can't parse data in outgoing emails yet. We should implement it in a further version. For now, it can only parse service messages (such as message rejection or subscription confirmation for example).
As far as i understood, in the templates one is in the context of the receipient,
So with the standard Variables one can only access the data of the receipient, right?
It varies amongst templates, but most of the time, you can access data about both the sender and the recipient.
And the other Questions ist: Is it possible to customize command Names.
E.g. User Command HELP change to HILFEHILFE ?

Not at the Sympa level. These strings were never internationalized, so Sympa would not be able to understand HILFEHILFE.

Auf wiedersehen,
Thank you for your time,
All the best from berlin

Christian Bendlin