en - [sympa-users] Sympa 5.3.3: Rejecting messages for a moderate list

  • From: "Ward, Michael" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Sympa 5.3.3: Rejecting messages for a moderate list
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 09:55:05 +1200

Hi all,

We have a number of large moderated lists used for campus-wide notices. A lot of messages to these lists are rejected by the moderators as part of the policy not to allow any form of advertising on these lists. When a message is rejected, the following goes back to the user:

“Your message for list address@concealed has been rejected by the moderator (address@concealed).”

Some of the moderators have requested that their email address does not get displayed as they sometimes get abuse for rejecting messages. I know I can put an edited copy of reject.tt2 in ~sympa/etc/mail_tt2, however this will change it for all lists. Is it possible to only remove the moderator email address for some lists? Would be nice if this was a per-list option.

Another question I know has been asked before is if it’s possible to insert a comment explaining the reason for the rejection in the email that goes back to the user. Has this been implemented in newer versions, and if not, any plans to?

Thanks

Michael

  • [sympa-users] Sympa 5.3.3: Rejecting messages for a moderate list, Ward, Michael, 05/29/2008