en - Re: [sympa-users] Re: Bug in italian locale?

  • From: Olivier Salaün <address@concealed>
  • To: Marco Gaiarin <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Re: Bug in italian locale?
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 16:59:54 +0200

Hi Marco,

Marco Gaiarin a écrit :
Mandi! Olivier Salaün
In chel dì si favelave...

OSn> It seems that the problém you are reporting ('%1' instead of '%') has OSn> already been fixed.
OSn> You can check the latest status of Italian translation and contribute OSn> via the pootle service : http://pootle.sympa.org/it/

I'm using the debian-prepackaged version of sympa, so i'm looking for a
'quick fix': for now i've not understood if this little fix belog to a
template or to a .po file, and if i can 'edit' a .po, or i've to edit
the .mo and recompile it.

Each and every piece of text in Sympa is translated via the .po files, nothing hard-coded in templates. Therefore if you want to fix your Sympa installation you'll need to :

* get the it.po file corresponding to your Sympa version (you
probably only have the it.mo installed)
* fix the it.po file
* generate a new it;mo file using this command : msgfmt -o it.mo it.po
* install the updated it.mo file in the appropriate place

Another option would be the mail/web templates where this string is used ; check our documentation http://www.sympa.org/manual/customizing#customizing_sympa/wwsympa