en - Re: [sympa-users] Default search range

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: "Allen, Pat" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: sympa-users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Default search range
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 10:16:29 +0200

Hi Pat,
Sorry but the default search extent is hard-coded in Sympa.

Starting version 5.4, Sympa searches the entire archive by default. You can try to modify your install with the following patch:
http://sourcesup.cru.fr/viewvc/viewvc/trunk/wwsympa/wwsympa.fcgi?r1=4581&r2=4580&pathrev=4581

This the modification that changed the search extent.

Cheers,

Allen, Pat a écrit :

Good morning!

First off – THANK YOU to everyone over the course of the last several months who have answered questions on this list. This last weekend we successfully migrated from Lyris to Sympa and it went VERY smoothly. I’ll be packaging up the scripts that I used for the contrib section in my spare time.

One thing that I just noticed is that the default search period when you search the archives is two months. I would like this to be the entire archive. This appears to be possible if I look at the archives for this list but I can’t seem to figure out where to make the change.  Would somebody point me in the right direction?

Again, thanks for the help and for the great software!

Pat

Pat Allen (address@concealed & http://www.mbari.org/staff/pat)
Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI)
7700 Sandholdt Rd, Moss Landing, CA 95039
(voice) 831-775-1724; (fax) 831-775-1620

--
David Verdin
Comité réseau des universités