en - Re: [sympa-users] sympa...and now?

  • From: Martin Knappe <address@concealed>
  • To: Mark Sallee <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] sympa...and now?
  • Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 16:46:17 +0200

Hi

I'm a bit further now. I did get the web server to run. But now I have
the following problem: I can access the sympa site under
http://localhost/sympa
Then I choose to have my password sent to my administrator email address
address@concealed
At first, nothing happened. Then I figured I had to start sympa.pl. Now,
instead of getting my administrator password, I get emails with
following content:

1)

Could not lock /home/sympa/sympa.pid, process is probably already running :

2)

Previous process has died unexpectedly.
Date of crash : 08 May 2008 16:01
Errors:

no connection to syslog available

- unix dgram connect: Connection refused at /home/sympa/bin/Log.pm
line 135

Check log file for further details.

3)

output checkfiles_as_root : Missing files. Aborting.

I don't see the regularity behind this. The point is I sometimes get one
or the other message. What am I missing here?

Many thanks

Martin