en - [sympa-users] Aliases not updating

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Aliases not updating
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 11:28:44 +0100

Hello,
I've a little problem with aliases working correctly each time I add/remove a
new list to Sympa.

The system I'm working on has:
sympa-5.1-16
httpd-2.2.3-11.sl5.3
postfix-2.3.3-2

Sympa's aliases file is the default one, that is /etc/mail/sympa_aliases.

-rw-r--r-- 1 sympa sympa 2047 Jan 10 12:00 sympa_aliases

According to http://listes.cru.fr/sympa/arc/sympa-users/2002-08/msg00040.html

"....Aliases file can be set with configure's 'with-sendmail_aliases' option.

Default value is etc/mail/sympa_aliases. You first need to make your
sendmail/postfix use their additional aliases file.

For postfix (as provided by Adam Bernstein), change your your main.cf as
follows :

alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases, hash:/etc/mail/sympa_aliases..."

I've tried adding the Sympa aliases file to postfix, but, even tho the file
/etc/mail/sympa_aliases is properly updated each time i add/remove a list, I
still get errors when I try to post a message to a list.

Postfix error log reports an 'unknown user' error.
Obviously If I manually add the aliases of the new list to /etc/aliases
everything works fine.

Is there a way to have it working without having to edit the aliases manually?

Thanx