en - Re: [sympa-users] Script to batch "rename" subscribers addresses

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Olivier Berger <address@concealed>, Sympa Users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Script to batch "rename" subscribers addresses
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 10:18:40 +0100

Hi Olivier,

A few remarks regarding your script:

You should also modify the user_table table.
You can drop the admin_table, as it will be rebuilt from the config files.

Line 11, 24, 75, 80 : mysqluse is used instead of mysqluser
Line 44: I'm not sure you should change the date_subscriber field. After all, it contains the date the user subscribed to the list, which is supposed to be independent from its email address, isn't it?

As a former bash enthusiast, I can only applaud to bash usage. But I personally switched to perl scripts for their higher portability (provided they don't use exotic modules).

Regards,

Olivier Berger a écrit :
Hi.

Our organization has changed its domain, so we had the need to change
all local subscribers addresses.
The users may though still be using either of the old or new domain
addresses.

I made a script which will modify (in MySQL) the subscription, by :
1) subscribing the new address (if needed)
2) changing the subscription into nomail mode.

I'd welcome any comments on the approach... or on the script :
https://picoforge.int-evry.fr/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Picoforge/Web/SympaAdministrationHints#Renaming_all_subscribers_emails

I know there may surely be better ways to do that.

Also I did another script which changes the contents of the config files
for the lists so that the owners are "renamed" too... will upload a bit
later.

Comments welcome.

Best regards,

--