en - [sympa-users] Script to batch "rename" subscribers addresses in case of domain change

  • From: Olivier Berger <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Script to batch "rename" subscribers addresses in case of domain change
  • Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 17:48:50 +0100

Hi.

Our organization has changed its domain, so we had the need to change
all local subscribers addresses.
The users may though still be using either of the old or new domain
addresses.

I made a script which will modify (in MySQL) the subscription, by :
1) subscribing the new address (if needed)
2) changing the subscription into nomail mode.

I'd welcome any comments on the approach... or on the script :
https://picoforge.int-evry.fr/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Picoforge/Web/SympaAdministrationHints#Renaming_all_subscribers_emails

I know there may surely be better ways to do that.

Also I did another script which changes the contents of the config files
for the lists so that the owners are "renamed" too... will upload a bit
later.

Comments welcome.

Best regards,
--