en - Re: [sympa-users] sudo wrapper

  • From: Olivier Salaün <address@concealed>
  • To: Mark K <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] sudo wrapper
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:27:12 +0100

Hi Mark,

The standard way to run wwsympa.fcgi is to use FastCGI ; it allows to run persistent CGI processes, see https://www.sympa.org/wiki/manual/web-interface#using_fastcgi. Therefore there is no such drawback for using a perl wrapper.

However, in next 5.4 we've change the way wwsympa.fcgi and sympa_soap_server.fcgi run as the 'sympa' uid. We're now using a C wrapper, provided by Marcin Deranek. This new solution has the advantages of not requiring suidperl and also not requiring any sudo configuration for the server administrator.

Mark K a écrit :
Just wondering why the wwsympa_sudo_wrapper is in perl instead of a binary
like the other wrappers? When using sudo, this means that each
web access fires up a perl interpreter twice.