en - Re: [sympa-users] Insecure dependency in open while running setuid

  • From: Olivier Salaün <address@concealed>
  • To: Mark K <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Insecure dependency in open while running setuid
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:27:07 +0100

This error happens when wwsympa.fcgi is run with a setUID bit.
You should check that the first line of wwsympa.fcgi includes the "-U" switch. Sympa's installation plrocedure is supposed to set this -U switch if needed.

# head -1 /home/sympa/bin/wwsympa.fcgi
#!/usr/bin/perl -U

Mark K a écrit :
I am getting this error now when trying to access the web interface.
That line is :
## Read access to prevent "Bad file number" error on Solaris
my $fh;
--> unless (open $fh, $open_mode.$lock_file) {
&do_log('err', 'Cannot open %s: %s', $lock_file, $!);
return undef;
}

I am running mod_fcgid and have wwsympa-wrapper.fcgi setuid. Any hints?