en - Re: [sympa-users] New list name and description encoded incorrectly

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Rustam <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] New list name and description encoded incorrectly
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 10:34:05 +0100

Woopsie, sorry it took so long.
Well, not so sorry, finally : your problem is solved in the version 5.3.4 we released today. :-)
We had encoding troubles in the info files which are now solved.

You can install it from the tar.gz file on the Sympa web site.
Or you can try to patch your debian version using these four patches :
http://sourcesup.cru.fr/viewvc/viewvc/branches/sympa-5.3-branch/soap/sympasoap.pm?r1=4610&r2=4609&pathrev=4610
http://sourcesup.cru.fr/viewvc/viewvc/branches/sympa-5.3-branch/src/admin.pm?r1=4610&r2=4609&pathrev=4610
http://sourcesup.cru.fr/viewvc/viewvc/branches/sympa-5.3-branch/src/sympa.pl?r1=4610&r2=4609&pathrev=4610
http://sourcesup.cru.fr/viewvc/viewvc/branches/sympa-5.3-branch/wwsympa/wwsympa.fcgi?r1=4610&r2=4609&pathrev=4610

Regards,

Rustam a écrit :
Hello all!

I've just installed Sympa 5.3.3 on recent Debian testing distribution from it's package. Everything is fine except that when I create a list (from web interface) it's name and description (actually in Russian) are unreadable due to incorrect encoding. If I than change it via list admin pages it displays correctly.

Any other web interface action (post a message, change list parameters) produce correctly encoded data.

My system locale is en_US.UTF-8 .

Best regards,
Rustam.

--