en - [sympa-users] Robots and CNAMEs

  • From: "Allen, Pat" <address@concealed>
  • To: "sympa-users" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Robots and CNAMEs
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 10:15:03 -0800

Good morning -

I am in the final steps of evaluating sympa as a replacement for our Lyris
list server. But I have one last question. (Or at least the "last" one for
now.)

The current server is hosted on a system named
uglymachinename.internal.acme.com but I have CNAME records in DNS which point
to it as listserver.internal.acme.com and listserver.acme.com. Nobody really
knows about the "uglymachinename" part of things and all mail is simply
addressed to the address@concealed. I had to move my Lyris
installation to a new machine once and nobody even knew it.

Now, with Sympa, all of the lists are known as
address@concealed. I really want to have the lists known
as address@concealed to make the transition from Lyris to Sympa as
easy as possible for people. Is this something that I can do by setting up a
new robot on the system? Is there a better way to do it?

Thanks for any and all advice and help.
Pat Allen