en - [sympa-users] Re: nginx, Configuration Stanza

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Edward Kovarski <address@concealed>
  • Cc: sympa-users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: nginx, Configuration Stanza
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 15:15:09 +0200

This configuration example has been added to the Sympa manual. Yous can find it at this address:

https://www.sympa.org/wiki/manual/web-interface#installing_wwsympa.fcgi_in_nginx

On the topic of doc, remember that anybody subscribed to sympa-users (and sympa-fr) can edit the Sympa doc.
Feel free then to share your experience directly in it!

Thanks for sharing!

Edward Kovarski a écrit :

To save any future nginx users any headaches, here is a sample nginx.conf stanza which works with Sympa v5.3.3:

server {
listen 80;
server_name my.domain.org;

location / {
fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/sympa/wwsympa.socket;
fastcgi_param QUERY_STRING $query_string;
fastcgi_param REQUEST_METHOD $request_method;
fastcgi_param CONTENT_TYPE $content_type;
fastcgi_param CONTENT_LENGTH $content_length;
fastcgi_param PATH_INFO $fastcgi_script_name;
fastcgi_param REQUEST_URI $request_uri;
fastcgi_param REMOTE_ADDR $remote_addr;
fastcgi_param SERVER_NAME $server_name;
}

location /static-sympa {
alias /usr/local/sympa/static_content;
}
}

Note that the request_uri fastcgi parameter /is/ necessary for virtual hosting.

I got bit by the documentation which said server_name is compared against http_host but after some debugging I noticed that $robot was not set in wwsympa properly unless it can match http_host against request_uri.

Ed

--
David Verdin
Comité réseau des universités