en - [sympa-users] Re: reception/distribution mode

  • From: Olivier Salaün <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: reception/distribution mode
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:23:20 +0200

Janusz S. Bień a écrit :
On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 David Verdin <address@concealed> wrote:
Janusz S. Bień a écrit :
[...
Looks like signed messages are never urlized. Is this intentional
Yes.
When we urlize a message, we alter its content. Altering a signed message can mess up the signature (for example, an MD5 footprint).
We then do our best not to change a single byte in such messages, which rules out the urlize mode.
It's logical, but I would prefer a different behaviour. I would like to use
the signatures only to distinguish trusted users from those who have to
confirm their messages by mail.
Coping with S/MIME signed message is not easy : we cannot alter the body of these messages in any way, otherwise we would break the signature. Therefore most Sympa reception modes that imply altering the messages are incompatible with S/MIME signed messages.
How difficult would be to achieve this?
Do you mean removing the S/MIME signature if the message has been changed by Sympa ?
I'm not sure we want to do this...
What are actually reception/ditribution modes? Are they hard-coded in the
source? In List.pm perhaps? I have only a rudimentary knowledge of Perl :-(
You should look for references to 'urlize' in List.pm to find the related code.