en - [sympa-users] Bounce handling...

  • From: "Gavin Younger" <address@concealed>
  • To: "sympa-users" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Bounce handling...
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 13:53:25 +0100

Is there any way with Sympa of allowing any bounces generated by sending
to lists to be communicated to list owners as they happen?

We have a requirement for this to be so...we are migrating from an
in-house written MLM (where bounces are normally sent to the listowner (
ie) the '-request' address ) - this does not appear to be the case with
sympa - there is a system of thresholds settable by the web interface,
and the ablity to view the last bounce on the web, but no more than
this it would seem...

It is quite useful for listowners to be able to see in their email which
addresses are bouncing as messages get sent - and the apparent lack of
this functionality in Sympa is creating confusion for some of our
listowners...

Regards,

Gavin Younger,
University of Newcastle upon Tyne

  • [sympa-users] Bounce handling..., Gavin Younger, 03/26/2007