en - [sympa-users] Re: can't find the webinterface

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: can't find the webinterface
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 10:46:12 +0200

address@concealed wrote:
I installed Sympia 4.1.5 on a debian system and answered "yes" to the wwsympa
question.
I can send mails to sympa and receive answers (e.g. for help), so sympa is
running, but I can't find the web interface at all.
No changes were made during installation to the httpd.conf...
We're not aware of how far the Debian package helps you to setup the Sympa mailing list service. However, note that there's a more recent version of Sympa that is distributed as a Debian package : http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?searchon=names&version=all&exact=1&keywords=sympa
Is there a way to create a new mailing list without using the web interface?
I have root access to the server, so editing configuration files directly is
no problem, but wich file and where can I find it?
You can create a list from the command line, but a) it requires a 5.x version of Sympa b) list creation is much easier via the web interface.