en - [sympa-users] Re: database choice/ server sizing

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: Chris Andrews <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: database choice/ server sizing
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 08:57:05 +0100

Chris Andrews wrote:
I was trying to look for some info on sizing a Sympa server. Here are our
stats:

230,000 subscriptions
130,000 unique email addresses
2300 lists

So based on what I know about Sympa's database needs that is close to
400,000 records. I have setup Sympa to use MySQL, but now I am thinking of
moving it to an Oracle DB in our database warehouse. I know a large number
of these lists are defunct, so we might lose half the lists and one half to
one quarter of the subscriptions and half the unique email addresses, but
even so that will be a large data base.

Hardwarewise I have a dual CPU Zeon Blade with 4 GB of ram and 30 GB of
storage on an EMC SAN.

Other software we are using sendmail, clamav (with the clamav-milter) and
spamassassin (using MIMEdefang).

Does any one have an install similar to this in terms of defined addresses
and lists?