en - [sympa-users] Re: sympa.pl crashing on 'Incorrect listname'

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: sympa.pl crashing on 'Incorrect listname'
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 16:56:27 +0100

Dan Clawson wrote:
Hello,

I am having a problem with Sympa 5.1.2. sympa.pl is crashing with the error message:

Mar 4 07:06:29 hostname sympa[3008]: Incorrect listname "+._-sympa"

In /opt/sympa/spool/msg I find a message:

+.address@concealed

There are 2 problems :
1- Why does sympa.pl crash ?
2- Why is this file created with this name ?

In order to fix the first one, we could test the content of this message. It is possible that it contains some weirdly built MIME , causing sympa to crash. Please copy this, and send us its content so that we can test it. You could also upgrade your Mime::tools CPAN library.

For the second one : Files in spool msg are created by sendmail aliases mailer prog (pipe in queue program) or web interface when using "post" via a list menu. We don't know how such a name can be produced. It souldn't be an incorrect listname anyway. Maybe by reading your message we could guess what produced it.

David Verdin (address@concealed)
Comité réseau des universités
tél : 02 23 23 69 71