en - [sympa-users] Re: Re: sympa.pl crashing on 'Incorrect listname'

  • From: Dan Clawson <address@concealed>
  • To: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: Re: sympa.pl crashing on 'Incorrect listname'
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 10:21:12 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 5 Mar 2007, David Verdin wrote:

Hello,

I am having a problem with Sympa 5.1.2. sympa.pl is crashing with the error message:

Mar 4 07:06:29 hostname sympa[3008]: Incorrect listname "+._-sympa"

In /opt/sympa/spool/msg I find a message:

+.address@concealed

There are 2 problems :
1- Why does sympa.pl crash ?
2- Why is this file created with this name ?

In order to fix the first one, we could test the content of this message. It is possible that it contains some weirdly built MIME , causing sympa to crash. Please copy this, and send us its content so that we can test it. You could also upgrade your Mime::tools CPAN library.

Attached is the message.

I checked my version of MIME::Tools. I am a couple of versions behind. I'll
update this.

cpan> i MIME::Tools
Strange distribution name [MIME::Tools]
Module id = MIME::Tools
CPAN_USERID DSKOLL (David F. Skoll <address@concealed>)
CPAN_VERSION 5.420
CPAN_FILE D/DS/DSKOLL/MIME-tools-5.420.tar.gz
MANPAGE MIME-tools - modules for parsing (and creating!) MIME
entities
INST_FILE /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/MIME/Tools.pm
INST_VERSION 5.417

For the second one : Files in spool msg are created by sendmail aliases mailer prog (pipe in queue program) or web interface when using "post" via a list menu. We don't know how such a name can be produced. It souldn't be an incorrect listname anyway. Maybe by reading your message we could guess what produced it.

I've looked at the message (attached) more since I sent my original note. It
looks like this address is being set as the Return-Path in the rejection
notice. I'm not sure why this is happening.

Two other notes:

- I changed the log_level in my sympa.conf from 0 to 3 to see if more logs
were generated in this situation. Nope. (Also the documentation suggests
levels 0,2,3. My sympa.conf suggests levels 0,2,3,4. Do you have better
guidelines here?)

- We are using a regexp map with postfix v. 2.2.3. Would it help you to see
my virtual and aliases files?

Thanks for your help.

Dan

Dan Clawson