en - [sympa-users] Re: 5.3b.1 and database issues

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Thomas Berry <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: 5.3b.1 and database issues
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 09:02:59 +0100

You should not have installed this CVS version : 5.3b.1 includes lots of changes regarding characters encoding and is not stable. Thats' the reason why we did not announce it publicaly.

You should either go back to 5.2.3 or upgrade to the CVS HEAD version that fixes some charset problems (though we did not run it ourselves yet)

Thomas Berry wrote:
Sympa 5.3b.1 running on RedHat Linux 4

we just switched our installation from 5.2.3 to 5.3b.1 to take advantage of
the automatic list instantiation feature. Unfortunately, I keep seeing this
error in the logs. I think it may be related to some functionality problems:

Unable to execute SQL statement "SELECT list_admin, robot_admin, role_admin FROM
admin_table WHERE user_admin = 'address@concealed'" :
Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='
There are other errors, but the common characteristic of the errors is "Illegal
mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for
operation '='".

What could I have done wrong during the installation? was there something
from the previous 5.2.3 installation that might be getting in the way?