en - [sympa-users] 5.3b.1 and database issues

  • From: Thomas Berry <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] 5.3b.1 and database issues
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 01:07:15 +0100

Sympa 5.3b.1 running on RedHat Linux 4

we just switched our installation from 5.2.3 to 5.3b.1 to take advantage of
the
automatic list instantiation feature. Unfortunately, I keep seeing this error
in the logs. I think it may be related to some functionality problems:

Unable to execute SQL statement "SELECT list_admin, robot_admin, role_admin
FROM admin_table WHERE user_admin = 'address@concealed'" :
Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and
(utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='

There are other errors, but the common characteristic of the errors is
"Illegal
mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE)
for operation '='".

What could I have done wrong during the installation? was there something
from
the previous 5.2.3 installation that might be getting in the way?