en - [sympa-users] Need to delete blank email from subs moderation queue

  • From: Nick Holden <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Need to delete blank email from subs moderation queue
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 08:04:16 +0000

Hi all,

Managed a pretty straightforward upgrade and migration the other day, so
I should start by saying thanks and well done to the team for making the
upgrade process so painless.

However, we've hit a slight snag, which probably couldn't have been
predicted, thanks to the idiot spammers.

One of our lists has a queue of about 100 email addresses waiting to be
moderated into subscribers or rejected. They are all the result of spam
being sent randomly to listname-subscribe, I think. Anyway, the first of
them is completely blank.

Naturally, no-one would actually want to subscribe a completely blank
email, but somehow, sympa has allowed it to get on to the moderation
list. However, when we try to delete it from the list we get a syntax
error.

I think either that Sympa needs to allow attempts to delete blank
subscription requests, or it shouldn't let them on the queue to start
with.

Nick