en - [sympa-users] Re: Re: Message Diffusion: User error

  • From: Redmond Militante <address@concealed>
  • To: Redmond Militante <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: Re: Message Diffusion: User error
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 13:55:52 -0600

Redmond Militante wrote:
One thing I've observed is that this problem only seems to be happening with lists configured with 'newsletterkeyonly'.

+++ Redmond Militante <address@concealed> [07/01/17 17:31]:
I changed the hostname of my Sympa server. I changed any references to the old hostname in /etc/mail/sympa_aliases to the new hostname, and ran 'newaliases'. I edited /etc/sympa.conf to reflect the new hostname

## Main robot hostname
domain newhostname.com

Sendmail is able to send and receive mail. Sympa seems to be running fine. However, when I send a message to a list I get an automated error message:

Message Diffusion: User error

Impossible to distribute your message for list '' for the following reason :

List 'listname' does not exist.
For further information, please contact -request@

I am able to see 'address@concealed' in my Sympa lists, so it looks like the list exists.

'address@concealed' is also in my /etc/mail/sympa_aliases file. I'm not sure why I'm receiving this error. I must have missed something when I was changing the hostname for this machine. Any advice welcome.

Redmond

--
Redmond Militante / NSIT / The University of Chicago
PGP Public Key: <http://home.uchicago.edu/~rjm/pubkey.asc>

I found this in the logs related to this error:

Jan 18 12:06:45 bulkmail sympa[3317]: DISTRIBUTE test0118 a130cddb027e002fd8d4b1aac5ee0fc5 from address@concealed refused, unknown list for robot oldrobotname.com

-It looks like it is creating lists using the old robot name instead of the new robot name. I changed /etc/sympa.conf to

domain newrobotname.com

is there anything I have to do to get Sympa to recognize the new hostname as the new robotname?

I have solved this problem. I didn't change the robot name in /etc/aliases.