en - [sympa-users] Re: Need to delete blank email from subs moderation queue

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: Need to delete blank email from subs moderation queue
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 09:06:22 +0100

Nick Holden wrote:
Hi all,

Managed a pretty straightforward upgrade and migration the other day, so
I should start by saying thanks and well done to the team for making the
upgrade process so painless.

However, we've hit a slight snag, which probably couldn't have been
predicted, thanks to the idiot spammers.

One of our lists has a queue of about 100 email addresses waiting to be
moderated into subscribers or rejected. They are all the result of spam
being sent randomly to listname-subscribe, I think. Anyway, the first of
them is completely blank.
Probably it is not recommended to use the "listname-subscribe" feature because of spam. You can un-plug it by remove this alias from "list_aliases.tt2" template. At least you should create a subscription scenario requesting authentication for subscription, this will solve your problem.
Naturally, no-one would actually want to subscribe a completely blank
email, but somehow, sympa has allowed it to get on to the moderation
list. However, when we try to delete it from the list we get a syntax
error.
That's seams a bug. But the bug is not in the moderation web feature but in the process from sympa.pl that accept such message for moderation. They should be refused just we received by a static control (not by scenario).

What you can do is "no nothing" thoses messages will expire and they will be removed automatically. I added a bug report about it.

Thanks
Serge Aumont