en - [sympa-users] Message Diffusion: User error

  • From: Redmond Militante <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Message Diffusion: User error
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 17:25:38 -0600

I changed the hostname of my Sympa server. I changed any references to the
old hostname in /etc/mail/sympa_aliases to the new hostname, and ran
'newaliases'. I edited /etc/sympa.conf to reflect the new hostname

## Main robot hostname
domain newhostname.com

Sendmail is able to send and receive mail. Sympa seems to be running fine.
However, when I send a message to a list I get an automated error message:

Message Diffusion: User error

Impossible to distribute your message for list '' for the following reason :

List 'listname' does not exist.
For further information, please contact -request@

I am able to see 'address@concealed' in my Sympa lists, so it looks
like the list exists.

'address@concealed' is also in my /etc/mail/sympa_aliases file. I'm
not sure why I'm receiving this error. I must have missed something when I
was changing the hostname for this machine. Any advice welcome.

Redmond

--
Redmond Militante / NSIT / The University of Chicago
PGP Public Key: <http://home.uchicago.edu/~rjm/pubkey.asc>