en - [sympa-users] Outgoing message rate control

  • From: Richard Caldwell <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Outgoing message rate control
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 17:44:58 -0500

Does anyone have any suggestions for rate controlling outgoing messages
from our listserver?

Many of our students forward their student email address to a home ISP.
Mass mailings to students create many messages to large ISPs as these
messages are forwarded. As a result we have occasionally been rate
controlled or black listed by ISPs.

Right now we're using Postfix as a MTA and I haven't found anything that
seems useful there. Most the rate control information I've found is
directed toward controlling incoming SPAM.

Thanks,
Richard