en - [sympa-users] Re: Outgoing message rate control

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Richard Caldwell <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: Outgoing message rate control
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 09:22:49 +0100

Hi Richard,

You can configure Sympa to define the maximum number of recipients per MTA call ('nrcpt' variable). This parameter makes sense with sendmail but I think that the modular architecture of Postfix breaks this logic. You probably need to tune your postfix server.

Related Sympa documentation :
http://www.sympa.org/doc/html/node8.html#SECTION00848000000000000000

Richard Caldwell wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestions for rate controlling outgoing messages from
our listserver?

Many of our students forward their student email address to a home ISP.
Mass mailings to students create many messages to large ISPs as these
messages are forwarded. As a result we have occasionally been rate
controlled or black listed by ISPs.

Right now we're using Postfix as a MTA and I haven't found anything that
seems useful there. Most the rate control information I've found is directed
toward controlling incoming SPAM.