en - Re: [sympa-users] Welcome message for LDAP includes

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: Redmond Militante <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Welcome message for LDAP includes
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 09:18:06 +0200

Redmond Militante wrote:

Hello-

I'm just starting to mess around with using LDAP as a Sympa data source.

I was looking for a way to turn off the welcome message for users subscribed
using LDAP as a data source - it seems that subscribers do not receive a
welcome message when subscribed via LDAP as a data source. I just wanted to
confirm with you that this was the case before I subscribe several hundred
people via LDAP who I do not wish to send welcome messages to.

Do users receive a welcome message when subscribed via a SQL query as a data source?
NO, sympa do send welcome message when catching new users from any external data source.

This is not a bug but a feature ;-) In most cases it would be a problem that user received a welcome message in that case but it seems some listmaster needs it. We could modify Sympa in order to send welcome message easily but we need :

* let the list owner choose if he wants the welcome message to be sent
* the default to stay unchanged
* to be able to modify the welcome message depending on the data
source used to include new users
* do the same with the bye message ?

Serge