en - [sympa-users] Unable to post via wwwsympa when topic tagging is required

  • From: Peter Farmer<address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Unable to post via wwwsympa when topic tagging is required
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 04:28:21 +0200

Fellow 'sympa'thisers ...

I have just tried to post (as any user including listmaster) from the wwwsympa
interface to a test list that is configured to require topic tagging and i get
the msg_topic_missing error ("Tagging message is required for this list") .
The default tt2 template for posting (compose_mail.tt2) does not have any
markup that allows topics to be selected. However, the targeted form
processing
routine (do_send_mail) does look for the appropriate topic list input
selections (topic_*) and will tag the post if they exist in the form input.

So obviously someone at some point intended for web posts to be 'taggable'
(is
that a word ?!) . Is the omission of topic selection inputs in the form an
oversight or has it been deliberately left out as an 'exercise for the reader'
8-)
Or am I missing something obvious regarding how sympa works ?

Thanks for any illumination on this ...

Peter Farmer