en - [sympa-users] Symap-enhancements: better userinterface

  • From: "Patrick von der Hagen" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Symap-enhancements: better userinterface
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 12:21:47 +0200

Hi all,

I have some small proposals to improve the sympa webinterface. I'd like
to ask for your comments first, before adding them as feature-requests.

1. "manage subscribers". When doing "multiple add", I can enter
"address@concealed firstname lastname". When just using the single-add, I can
only specify "address@concealed" and have to change that entry later. Would be
nice to have a consistent interface and be able to specify "address@concealed
firstname lastname" for single-add.

2. When using includes for remote or local files, "address@concealed firstname
lastname" is interpreted just the way I want it, but when using LDAP- or
SQL-includes, there is no way to specify firstname and/or lastname. At
least when using LDAP and standard-schema (e.g. inetOrgPerson), that
information is usually available and would be very valuable for me,
since most addresses I retrieve from those sources are very cryptic. In
fact, though I might include LDAP-sources directly, I prefer to write
some scripts to generate local files containing firstname and lastname.
But that's not really the way to go.

3. When selecting "customizing", there is lots of free space on my
screen, where some information about the TT2-templates should be
included. At least some links to the relevant external documenation. I
get too many requests by my listowners "I try to customize, but don't
know what to do....".

I'd appreciate any comments.

--
CU,