en - Re: [sympa-users] Symap-enhancements: better userinterface

  • From: "Jerome Zittoun" <address@concealed>
  • To: "Patrick von der Hagen" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Symap-enhancements: better userinterface
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 09:01:29 +0200

-----Original message-----
From: "Patrick von der Hagen" address@concealed
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 06:21:48 -0400
To: address@concealed

> Hi all,
>
> I have some small proposals to improve the sympa webinterface. I'd like
> to ask for your comments first, before adding them as feature-requests.
>
> 1. "manage subscribers". When doing "multiple add", I can enter
> "address@concealed firstname lastname". When just using the single-add, I can
> only specify "address@concealed" and have to change that entry later. Would be
> nice to have a consistent interface and be able to specify "address@concealed
> firstname lastname" for single-add.

OK

> 2. When using includes for remote or local files, "address@concealed firstname
> lastname" is interpreted just the way I want it, but when using LDAP- or
> SQL-includes, there is no way to specify firstname and/or lastname. At
> least when using LDAP and standard-schema (e.g. inetOrgPerson), that
> information is usually available and would be very valuable for me,
> since most addresses I retrieve from those sources are very cryptic. In
> fact, though I might include LDAP-sources directly, I prefer to write
> some scripts to generate local files containing firstname and lastname.
> But that's not really the way to go.

OK 150%

> 3. When selecting "customizing", there is lots of free space on my
> screen, where some information about the TT2-templates should be
> included. At least some links to the relevant external documenation. I
> get too many requests by my listowners "I try to customize, but don't
> know what to do....".

OK

4. In the "welcome message", I use %user.email% param to customize this
message and it works fine.
If my subscriber is a new one, I can't obtain his %user.gecos% which seems to
be saved in user_table *after* the message was sent.
If the subscriber is not a new one, %user.gecos% is not blank and everything
works fine.
(We use Sympa 5.0.1.)

> I'd appreciate any comments.

No comments, I'm 100% ok :-))