en - Re: [sympa-users] Multiple languages in the web interface?

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Vegar Nilsen <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Multiple languages in the web interface?
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 17:20:33 +0200

Hi Vegar,

You can't define the available languages at the list level, but at the site level only.
You should customize the supported_lang parameter as described in the reference manual :
http://www.sympa.org/doc/html/node8.html#SECTION00870000000000000000

Note that you also need to install the appropriate packages on your system, so that these languages are supported. These packages are often named after the language itself (eg : locale-French). To have a list of available locales try "locale -a".

Vegar Nilsen wrote:
I just got a question from one of our listowners, where she wanted to have
the web interface available in both english and french for her list. Is this
possible? I can't find anything in the documentation regarding this.

I tried changing the language (lang) for the list from en_US to fr_FR, but
this didn't have any effect on the interface. Should I've seen a french
version of the interface by doing this, or have I misunderstood
what this setting does?