en - Re: [sympa-users] sqlite problem

  • From: Olivier Salaün <address@concealed>
  • To: Dax Kelson <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] sqlite problem
  • Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 14:49:37 +0200

The drawback with SQLite is that you can't ALTER tables to change fields format when Sympa evolves. See http://www.sqlite.org/lang_altertable.html

It means while upgrading Sympa, you need to export all your data, let Sympa recreate the DB and then import your data.

Life is much easier with MySQL...

Dax Kelson a écrit :

[...]
My config:

db_type SQLite
db_name /home/sympa/db/sympa

When I start sympa, it creates the db fine, but when I stop and then restart
it (using the sysv init script) I get the following:

/etc/init.d/sympa start
Starting Sympa subsystem:
Starting module sympa.pl: DBD::SQLite::db do failed: near "CHANGE":
syntax error(1) at dbdimp.c line 269 at /home/sympa/bin/List.pm line
10947.
Database /home/sympa/db/sympa defined in sympa.conf has not the right
structure or is unreachable. If you don't use any database, comment
db_xxx parameters in sympa.conf
failure
[...]
If I delete the file, then Sympa creates it new OK on startup. I just can
stop and start it.
[...]