en - Re: [sympa-users] help! - upgrade problems - a little more info re. archived problem

  • From: Miles Fidelman <address@concealed>
  • To: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] help! - upgrade problems - a little more info re. archived problem
  • Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 13:20:14 -0400

Miles Fidelman wrote:
Olivier Salaün - CRU wrote:

4. tried a /home/sympa/bin/sympa.pl - and it seemed to start, so then stopped it and did a /home/rc3.d/sympa start and everything seemed to start, but archived stops immediately (which it's been doing lately - I expect something is locked or corrupted - ANY SUGGESTIONS?)
Check your log files or try to restart it.
Unfortunately, I've done this - both under Sympa 3.4.4.3 and under the newly upgraded 5.2.1 install.

Even at debug level 4, archived starts, then almost immediately stops - leaving no messages in the log.

Any thoughts on where to look for locks, corruption, diagnostic ideas, ....?

Made some progress on this. Tried running archived.pl -d, getting the following output before it exits:

[sympa@xel008 bin]$ ./archived.pl -d
queue : /home/sympa/spool/outgoing
Modification of a read-only value attempted at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.4/i686-linux/Sys/Syslog.pm line 312, <REMOVE> line 1.

Looks like archived is making a call into Syslog.pm with data that causes Syslog.pm to fail in an unclean manner.

Miles