en - Re: [sympa-users] postfix virtual aliases problem

  • From: Liam Kirsher <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] postfix virtual aliases problem
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 04:15:38 -0700

Hi, Balazs,

I have it set up like this:

/etc/postfix/virtual.regexp:
/^lists\.virtualdomain.org$/ xxx
/^(postmaster|root|abuse|sympa-request)@lists\.virtualdomain\.org$/ $address@concealed

# and this:
/^(list1|list2|list3|listN)@lists\.virtualdomain\.org$/ virtualdomain+$1
# _OR_ this:
/^(.*)virtualdomain\.org$/ $1-virtualdomain\.org

I named the lists explicitly because I was getting so much spam, as, for example, "address@concealed" and wanted to deny it at as early a stage as possible, before sympa generates a reply, which then bounces, etc.

The /^(.*).../ syntax *is* convenient because it will rewrite for any list, but I found it caused problems with spam, so now, when I want to add a list, I add an explicit alias by hand to the virtual.regexp file. In my situation that is not a problem.

This rewriting assumes that you have the following block of aliases for each virtualdomain in /etc/postfix/aliases:

virtualdomain: "| /home/sympa/bin/queue $address@concealed"
virtualdomain-request: "| /home/sympa/bin/queue $address@concealed"
virtualdomain-editor: "| /home/sympa/bin/queue $address@concealed"
virtualdomain-owner: "| /home/sympa/bin/bouncequeue $address@concealed"
virtualdomain-subscribe: "| /home/sympa/bin/queue $address@concealed"

Remember to run "postfix reload" after you make changes to the virtual.regexp file.

The syntax
/^(.*)visionhost\.hu$/ ${1}-visionhost.hu
in which you have escaped the '.' character is more precisely correct, imo, but in practice either one will work.
In the examples above, I don't use the {brackets} around numeric substitution variables, but it doesn't matter.

I have to add an entry to main.cf -> virtual_aliases_maps = regexp:/etc/postfix/virtual.regexp
Yes.

All of these postfix configurations don't have anything to do with storing user addresses in mysql.

Liam