en - Re: [sympa-users] postfix virtual aliases problem

  • From: Liam Kirsher <address@concealed>
  • To: "Ivancsik Balazs" <address@concealed>, <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] postfix virtual aliases problem
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 22:55:20 -0700

Balazs,

If you don't want to run postmap (or, actually, postfix reload) every time you create a list, then put in virtual.regexp:
/^(.*)@virtualdomain\.org$/ $1-virtualdomain\.org

Plus the other aliases and regexps in my previous message.

That's convenient... however, it means address@concealed will get sent to sympa. Because Spammers often try random common names at a domain, you will receive a lot of spam, and sympa will respond by sending a "list not available" message. Then, probably, that message will bounce because the spammer is using a bogus account. So you will have another bounce coming back at you.

In order to limit spam, I use a specific list name instead of wild card, as
in:
/^(specific_list_name)@virtualdomain\.org$/ virtualdomain+$1

Did you try the configuration I sent previously? What happened?

Liam

http://www.postfix.org/VERP_README.html