en - Re: [sympa-users] Creating a backup sympa server

  • From: Johann Spies <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Creating a backup sympa server
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 10:25:29 +0200

On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 10:18:19AM +0200, Johann Spies wrote:
> Here is a problem:
>
> sympa@mail2:~$ /usr/lib/sympa/bin/sympa.pl
> DBI connect('dbname=sympa;host=localhost','sympa',...) failed: FATAL:
> Password authentication failed for user "sympa"
> at /usr/lib/sympa/bin/List.pm line 1235

I have removed changed the "password" in /etc/sympa.conf to password
(without quotes). Now sympa can connect. I still complains:

"Database sympa defined in sympa.conf has not the right structure or is
unreachable. If you don't use any database, comment db_xxx parameters in
sympa.conf"

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies Telefoon: 021-808 4036

"Let your character be free from the love of money,
being content with what you have; for He Himself has
said, "I will never desert you, nor will I ever
forsake you."
Hebrews 13:5