en - Re: [sympa-users] Changing a database field datatype

  • From: Peter Farmer <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Changing a database field datatype
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 21:55:11 +0800

On Monday 10 July 2006 11:03 pm, address@concealed wrote:

> >Should/Can I alter what sympa considers
> >the 'correct' database structure so it doesnt trigger database structure
> >changes at restart without having to turn off automatic database
> > structure updates altogether ( with update_db_field_types)
>
> Yes that's the best way to deal with. We didn't imagine some could
> define 250+ topics ! I don't known if it is a reasonable use of topics
> and if we enlarge this database field.

Well its that or 250 single topic lists (yuck) ! . It seems to be handling
it so far, though I havent loaded up the 90000 subscriber database from the
old ML software yet . I have redesigned the tt templates and added some
javascript to display large topic lists in a more screen real estate
friendly way.

Thanks for the feedback

Regards