en - Re: [sympa-users] newaliases

  • From: Peter Farmer <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] newaliases
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 22:51:04 +0800

Serge,

Are you getting any relevant messages in the web server error log ? if the
newaliases command is not being executed (vi wwsympa.fcgi) successfully for
any reason there should be an error message which may shed some light ...

You can use the 'strings' command to determine if the path of the compiled
in newaliases command is correct :

strings /your/systems/path/to/aliaswrapper

if the correct path isn't in the output you'll need to reconfigure and
recompile to pick it up newaliases.

Beginning with sendmail v8.11 only root and users listed with the
TrustedUser option can rebuild the aliases databases vi newaliases . If you
are neither the rebuild will fail . If this is your problem you should see
an error message like
Permission denied (real uid not trusted)
in your system mail logs.
aliaswrapper has setuid permission for this purpose, but it needs to be
owned by root (or a sendmail trusted user) and executable by the sympa
user .

Regards,
Peter Farmer