en - Re: [sympa-users] privileged owner must not change email-address

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Patrick von der Hagen <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] privileged owner must not change email-address
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 11:43:22 +0200

Hi Patrick,

That's clearly something we had in mind when designing the owner/privileged owner hierarchy and to be honest we sometimes describe Sympa behavior this way because we forget that it was not fully implemented this way. It should not be too much work to change the current behavior though : just performing some checks in wwsympa::do_edit_list().

Please submit a feature request in our tracking system : https://sourcesup.cru.fr/tracker/?group_id=23

Patrick von der Hagen wrote:

I need someone to be responsible for a mailinglist. In order to enforce policies, this
person should not change secretly. Basically the rule is "the owner has to be a
member of the university". This owner might add other, non-privileged owners,
which is default sympa-behaviour.

My problem: the privileged owner might change his/her e-mail-address and thus
give the mailinglist to a new privileged owner. Currently I see no way to
enforce that a) the priviliged owner can ownly be modified by the listmaster
or b) apply some checks before changing the privileged owner.

  • Re: [sympa-users] privileged owner must not change email-address, Olivier Salaün - CRU, 06/01/2006