en - [sympa-users] Upgrade Sympa from 4.1.x to 5.1.2/5.2.x

  • From: Chris Peck <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Upgrade Sympa from 4.1.x to 5.1.2/5.2.x
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 14:15:41 -0400

We are in the process of testing out an upgrade from Sympa v4.1.x to Sympa 5.1.2 (or 5.2.x)...

Being the hands-on people that we are, we would like to know more about exactly what happens when we do the "upgrade". Does the sympa.pl only change the mysql db tables, or, does it modify any other files? Do any of the other daemons modify anything that is related to the upgrade? We'd like to be able to carry out the upgrade pieces manually, before we bring up the new version of sympa.

Of course, we could look through the source code, but, if someone could clue us in, that would be much easier.

thanks,
chris peck