en - [sympa-users] problem with new user subscriptions

  • From: Jason Larson <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] problem with new user subscriptions
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 12:23:13 -0800 (PST)

Okay this might get a little long, but I tried to trouble shoot this to the best of my abilities.  We use sympa 5.1 with both user_table and ldap paragraphs in the auth.conf.  The correct authentiction method appears to get used based on the sympa log.  Ldap users are able to authenticate with no problems.  User_table users get the following error:  authentication: incorrect password for user user@domain.
I did some research and found that user@domain is not in the user_table.  My first thought was a rights issue so I logged into the DB with my sympa user and pass and added user@domain to the user_table by hand.  No problems, so that tells me my sympa user and pass is okay.  Okay now that my user is in the user_table I figured I would attempt to subscribe to a list with user@domain and the password given to me by sympa.  No problems.  That worked fine.  Okay so then the question became why are users not going into the user_table.  I think, and I could be really off base here, that the wwsympa.fcgi do_sendpasswd() routine is responsible for adding users to the user_table, but add_user_db is not called from in there.  In fact this loop is never entered: if ($param->{'newuser'} =  &List::get_user_db($in{'email'})) in the do_sendpasswd.  I think that line says if I get a person back from gete_user_db set newuser to the returned user...I could be wrong on that.  I don't enjoy perl much... So anyway I don't think this is a programming bug, because it seems it would be a pretty serious one and that doesn't make sense.  Any ideas?