en - Re: [sympa-users] LDAP problems...

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Nigel Kersten <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] LDAP problems...
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 09:25:48 +0100

Hi Nigel,

Your LDAP list config seems ok except that you should replace the 'user_data_source include' with 'user_data_source include2' that does a better management of members cache and also provides some more features. But it does not explain why your members don't get currently included into the list though.

Once you've set the list to 'include2', go to the web interface and from the list info page :
"Review" > "Synchronize members with data sources"
Have a look at sympa log file while doing this and also have a look at your LDAP directory log files.

Nigel Kersten wrote: [...]
I'm pretty sure I've fulfilled all the CPAN requirements, but I can't  seem to get LDAP working. I've actually even gotten to the stage of  breaking out a network sniffer on the traffic between my dev box and  the LDAP server, and it doesn't look like the Sympa box is even  sending any queries to the LDAP server.

Here's the config for a list.

user_data_source include

include_ldap_2level_query
[...]
I've tested out the equivalent of these queries with ldapsearch from  the command line, and they work happily.

Any suggestions for what I should look at now? As I mentioned above,  it doesn't even seem like the Sympa install is querying the LDAP  server at all.